- Access global, regional, and national environmental data and knowledge through more than 3455 data flows from 193 countries.
- Find guidance on environmental policy through foresight, outlooks, and assessments.
- Find data and indicator frameworks for monitoring and reporting on the environmental dimension of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs.
Environment Live provides the UN Member States open access to information and knowledge on the environment at the global, regional and national levels. It supports Environmental Policy through Foresight, Outlooks and Assessments and providing Capacity Building for countries to achieve the Goals of Agenda 2030 and Sustainable Development. Environment Live provides up-to-date information for citizen-science, communities of practice and impact stories and case-studies on the environment and people.
Open access to global, regional and national environmental data and knowledge
- Environment Live Knowledge platform, as an integrator making accessible data and knowledge
- Integrated support for assessment and policy decision-making, at global, regional and country levels
- Indicator Reporting Information System, I.R.I.S. (provides technology to support countries monitoring, reporting to MEAs and SDGs, capacity development at country level)
- Big data and Web Intelligence, citizen science and social media
Environment Live is a dynamic on-line platform for sharing contextualized data and knowledge to keep the environment under review. Environment Live principles promote open access to national data and knowledge connecting to open data portals, harvesting data from country websites and making it accessible and available. More than 3455 data flows from 193 countries are available in Environment Live and the platform is continuously updated. Environment Live offers countries multiple benefits e.g. increasing visibility of a country’s progress and enhancing transparency facilitating interdisciplinary research and integrated research environmental assessments; advancing knowledge and enriching information-sharing.